View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
The 1941 Playball Bobby Doerr is my favorite. Is he taking a practice cut at spring training or teeing off at the Master’s? It looks like a Norman Rockwell art piece.
Have to agree! That's a beauty, and the '33 Goudey Chuck Klein already posted is in the same category.

Also some great hockey cards posted by samosa4u, including the Parkie/Quaker Oats Plante which is a work of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer View Post
I still think the best looking card is the 1953 Bowman Pee Wee Reese. Don't have one, but please post if you do.
May have been already posted, but you can never have enough of the '53 Bowman Color Pee Wee Reese.

Aesthetically, the '41 Play Ball DiMaggio is right up there with the '33 Goudey Ruth #144.

Also giving a shoutout to the leaping Rebel Oakes card from the caramel sets. This same card was posted on Net54 many years ago and opened up my eyes to the beauty of these more obscure cards.

Finally, this is my top pick for most beautiful card ever. T3 Turkey Red Tris Speaker. You have a legendary HOFer, with a great pose, a detailed background, a look of determination, vivid colors... and those red socks. Tris almost looks like he's moving, even though he's standing still.

Last edited by CW; 11-23-2020 at 11:20 PM.