View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post

1) How was it determined that Willie Horton (and Rico Petrocelli thanks to a vertical miscut) are located at the far right edge of a row?
2) How was it determined that Reynolds-Landis-Martinez completes a row started by Mantilla and ended by the aforementioned Horton - how did those 3 cards get linked together, left to right?
Kevvyg1026 and I don't have definitive proof that Petrocelli is the last card of the Pirates Rookie Stars row and that Horton is the last card of the Mantilla row, it is assumed for a few reasons, way back bxb supplied a miscut showing Petrocelli is above Horton, then someone else showed a scan of Horton with a recurring print flaw of a partially missing border line that usually results from being on the outer edge of a sheet, and I found a scan of a Petrocelli with a wavy right side that is synonymous with being on the left or right side from one of the two Slits that was cut in half by hand. It is very possible we are wrong but with the evidence especially the Petrocelli wavy cut side I am very confident they are both right edge cards. For quite a while (see post #115) I believed that the four card consecutive run of Landis-Martinez-Mazeroski-Bowens was in the Gary Bell row but when a Tommie Reynolds miscut popped up showing that it was at the top of a Slit I realized that I had a major flaw somewhere, I realized that Reynolds and Landis must be in the same row because there were miscuts of both showing that they were both in a row at the top of a Slit, the Bird Bombers row was at the top of one Slit and there can only be two different rows at the top of each Slit. The 33 card 1967 Topps proof sheet that Keith Olbermann spotted the "Tommy" Reynolds error card on at the auction in New York in 1989 has Tommie Reynolds (per Olbermann), Tony Perez, Harmon Killebrew, and Leo Durocher (per the catalog), so Kevvyg1026 and I have surmised that the three rows on the 33 card proof sheet are the 3x Tony Perez row, the 3x Pirates Rookie Stars row, and the 4x Felix Mantilla row, Perez is of course on the Tony Perez row, Durocher is on the Pirates Rookie Stars row, the not yet placed Killebrew is probably on the Tony Perez row, and the Reynolds is on the Felix Mantilla row. I think that is the only major change I have made so far, having the four card run incorrectly in the Gary Bell row and then correctly putting them in the Felix Mantilla row.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 6 petrocelli - horton.jpg (192.2 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 horton border.jpg (53.1 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 petrocelli right edge card.jpg (185.6 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 reynolds top slit b.jpg (92.4 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 landis.jpg (110.7 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 proof sheet.jpg (138.5 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 12-12-2022 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Missed a word