View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
Apple Watch says 7 hours 7 minutes sleep and I walked 8,677 steps or 3.92 miles at the show today Sunday. I skipped the free breakfast and just chilled on the couch drinking coffee we arrived at the show around 8:45 hoping to find some last day sales but I didn’t see any as I have before at the National maybe we left to early. I left the show with $55 so today I spent $751 plus during my next to last purchase I opened my wallet to pay and had to say “oooops” and pay with my Visa card (which canceled the slight discount I got) charge $270. I stopped by the eBay booth they gave me a set of slabbed cards which I’m not sure what that is about but also the $10 coupon which is what I came for. First purchase was a full set 1979 Topps Incredible Hulk priced $20 got got $15 yesterday I picked up a handful of unopened packs. Bought two hits 1939 Playball cards from Blowout Cards bargain box I hope they were a bargain at this stage I’m not sure. Then I’m after my new favorite cards 1935 National Chicle football and I knew which dealers had them. Total I added eight more cards four of which are numbered above #24 and considered tough high numbers. I am well Over 1/2 done with the set two cards are in PSA holders but I’ll crack them out when I get home. Today as I scanned cards bent over the showcases many times I knew what the dealers looked like before I even made eye contact I’ve looked at every table several times. I was ready to leave at 11:30 and Taylor called me a little after 12 and we met in the lobby. Taylor drove me to ORD and he is off starting his trek home to North Carolina. I’ve got almost four hours before my flight leaves but I don’t care I am enjoying just relaxing and sitting here at Gate 24 thumbing through my cards. Tomorrow I’ll post a picture or two when I have access to my computer. Larry
Great reports thanks for sharing.

What are the 2 cards PSA gave you? Do they have a special flip from the national on it? If so I would like to see a pic if/when possible. If they have a special flip and anybody has an extra one to sell please hit me up. Weirdly I collect PSA slabs with oddball flips.