View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
...Shadowless only represents about 15% of the total population for the First Edition set...
Unless I misunderstood, this comment suggests a print run differential (and/or surviving population) of 7:1 between 1st Edition and Shadowless. Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

I ran a card store in 1999/2000/2001. Pokémon was wildly popular at the store and I gained quite a bit of nuanced knowledge regarding Base Set during this time. The disparity mentioned above simply wasn't evident then.

Additionally, I took a cursory glance at the PSA pop report earlier this evening. This admittedly brief perusal didn't lead me to believe there is currently a wide gap in surviving examples.

I easily might have missed something, though. If you have verifiable print run information, or something similar, please share your knowledge. You've joined a tremendously inquisitive group of collectors here. We absolutely love that sort of thing. (if you ever want to see a really deep dive, check out some of the T206 baseball cards threads)

Welcome to Net54. Happy collecting.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra