View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 10:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Also want to add that IMO the Zeenut series is akin to the N172 Old Judge series due to size and breadth of the set. Most collectors I know of the series (myself included) are far more interested in “eye appeal” than technical grades. I would take a clean front example with writing or damage to the otherwise usually blank back over a card with creasing or heavy wear to the front image despite the probable lower technical grade of the card with writing/damage.

My collection of Zee’s now numbers north of 3,000 cards and the reality of having that many graded cards from one series would necessitate a new wing on my house… thus (for me) ungraded is preferable. I am sure that sentiment will be lost over the years, however.
That is a lot of Z's ....

They should just grade them and put a numerical grade and the tagline with coupon or without coupon. And if someone really wants to do a registry thing with them, maybe they only count ones with a coupon?

I think the card in question in the first post, would probably receive a 1. Maybe an AUT...

Last edited by Leon; 01-16-2023 at 11:01 AM.