View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 06:20 PM
Dar.ius Hou.seal

I love this set. 1985 Topps was a really neat year. All sorts of stuff going on like Supers, Tiffany, Mini and this cool prototype set. I jumped on an ebay auction back in 2016 and acquired what i think was all of the ACME cards and 44 of the Fuchs cards. I purchased them from a ebay user Timmermant. Here is the email exchange back then:

"New message from: timmermant Top Rated Seller(1,991Red Star)
Hi,
In the "Fuchs" variety I have these 42 plus two that are not listed on ebay: Don Sutton & Earl Weaver. Both of these have been encapsulated by PSA.
If you want all 44, I would create an ebay lot for you with a Buy it Now of $[] with free shipping. I'll have to pay about $[] of that in ebay/paypal fees/shipping.

I still have all of the "Acme" variety as well. My plan was to sell one group (Fuchs) so that I could keep the other group. I really think that one day these will be recognized along with 1961 Topps Dice, etc. as extremely rare issues. But if I got a really good offer, I might part with those as well. In the Acme group, there are 117 cards and these have been encapsulated by PSA:
#2 Bill Almon
#17 Gary Carter
#20 Rick Cerone
#22 Jack Clark
#24 Vince Coleman
#43 Ozzie Guillen
#49 Rickey Henderson
#64 Howard Johnson
#77 Fred Lynn
#78 Billy Martin
#115 Bruce Sutter
#116 Don Sutton
#126 Bobby Valentine
#129 Earl Weaver

I've sold a few of the other Fuchs, but I haven't sold any of the Acme. So you would own the entire known population of these."

There has to be more ACME cards out there in my opinion unless they were destroyed. You would think they would have produced the entire set.

I have acquired a few (5 or so) of the Fuchs since this initial purchase and would love to bring the entire set back together. You can tell the difference between the two, but really need to see them side by side or just spend a lot of time with them. When i purchased them, i also asked for the seller to include the original traded boxes they came in and i do have those as well -- not that it adds any value...just kind of wanted to have the whole package as they were initially found. Personally i think it's kind of cool to keep that way.

Anyhow, I feel this is a really neat set with the completely unique back. If you are selling or thinking about it, please keep me in mind.

Thanks,
Darius