View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 02:18 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Time to out the 2 party system to rest!
No kidding. Right now I agree with the policies of one party 60% and the other 40%. Elections, for me, always come down to voting against what policies I fear the most. Years ago there were a couple of centrists who considered running as a ticket, one of each party. I would've loved something like that.

What frustrates me is people who look at it as joining a team. Like sports. You root for your team, regardless. If you win a game on a terrible call, that's fine. If a guy on your team injures another player with a cheap shot, it's justified and forgotten...

IMO not enough people think for themselves. Neither party is always right or always wrong, and there are (or should be) differing opinions within each party. If something is wrong, and prosecutable on one side, the same standard should be applied to the other side.

The 2 party system dumbs down the country, and creates unnecessary acrimony. If people who think they are on "different sides" sat down over a beer or two, more often than not, they'd find a lot of common ground.