View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 07:47 PM
L.arry Glads.tone

Default T206 scandal

In response to Frank & others, Leon made it clear on an earlier post, I will gladly explain why public posting is not prudent at this time:

#1- This criminal activity is being handled by legal authorities and they will be better in finding the actual leaders and forgers if we do not allow the perpetrators to crawl back under their rocks, which may have occurred anyway since none of us initially realized the extent of this criminal activity.
#2-I do not know the name of the specific buyer of my Baker card, I do know the location, but there is enough info already out there to know the autograph hobby has severe vulnerabilities and your "dealings" were probably not with this guy anyway. The behind the scenes group that used various people to swindle grading services and authenticators are sophisticated and intentional, if you bought authenticated signed items, you should really care to wait until the investigations are done and its best to leave specifics off public forums in order to actually GET THIS RESOLVED which everyone in the hobby will benefit from.
#3-EVERYONE THAT CARES ABOUT THIS HOBBY, as a collector, dealer, authenticator or grading service knows that this forgery association has infiltrated certain high end items, not just common autographs and luckily manny(set builder) figured the tip of the iceberg out initially and there are now many people that care and are knowledgeable involved...THIS SITUATION is a toxic poison that must be RID of so its in everyone's best interest to stick together and educate yourselves. Most of those fake T206's are not even that good, but good enough to pass authentication so everyone needs to re learn the wheel and pray the good guys get these poisonous vermon. Also WATCH the video that Manny has posted on the net54 boards just recently, if you can see how amazing this one artist is with a pen, then imagine worldwide how many artists have the talent to reproduce a signature.