View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 01:24 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Their re-sale values vs other TPGs are fine. There is a lot of misinformation out there. In realtion to the "trimming scandal" how many "trouble cards" do you see in SGC holders? Think about that.

I've been collecting since 1976, like a guy like Ted Z, I've seen plenty of cards that are not trimmed. I collect those very cards. Ones that come from original collections etc....

I've NEVER bought an SGC card that ended up on the "boards" so to speak. Never bought another TPG either that has ended up on the boards.

We can argue prices all day but trust me, SGC is healthy pre-war. Newer cards I have no idea!

I hate to say this but it has served me quite well over the years...... "Buy the card.......not the holder". It really is that simple.

Experience and knowledge is healthy. SGC is a company that is not going away. Trust me on that!

Peace, Mike

I have found that people are pretty territorial about their TPGs. If you have spent a bunch of money slabbing PSA, you swear by PSA. if you are up in Canada, you defend KSA to the death. I personally gave my allegiance to SGC, so i am biased there.

What I do know is that SGC grades consistently and an SGC 9 is equivalent to a PSA 9 in terms of card quality. that PSA is some miraculous grader with more stringent standards is a complete myth. if someone wants to pay more for the slab / registry, go for it.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236

Last edited by Oscar_Stanage; 03-04-2021 at 01:26 PM.