View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
ADDED:I just went through most of the post cards that I have and I notice in the 1963 baseball set I have cards that are completely different sizes.By as much as a full quarter of an inch difference in length.Would this be that they were from a different promotion.Say jello as compared to cereal.I have no clue so I am sure some person with a ton more knowledge than I can hopefully answer this question. I also notice I have one card from 1962 set that has no color boarder around the box or around the card number.Is this sort of an odd thing.Again I have no idea.
The shorter 1963 cards were issued on the back of Jell-O packages. Quoting from the SCD Standard Catalog of Baseball cards, "The easiest way to distinguish 1963 Jell-O cards from Post cards is by the red line that separates the 1962 stats from the lifetime states. On Post cards, the line extends almost all the way to the side borders, on the Jell-O cards, the line begins and ends much closer to the stats."

It also sounds like the 1962 card you described is a 1962 Jell-O card. The Jell-O packages with these cards on them were only distributed in the midwest.