Thread: Babe Ruth $$$
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 10:18 AM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
The Fro Joy and W517 are probably cheaper because they are oversized and PSA puts them in the big slabs.
I think there is some truth to that. I actually LOVE my w517 Ruth portrait...I think the large portrait image is unique for his playing days cards. And with the card stock, w517s definitely feel more like cards than the large Kashin pictures.

But I'm slowly colleting the set. I wanted to make it a binder set because most of my cards are raw and fit nicely in four pocket pages. And even though standard PSA and SGC slabs also fit nicely in four pocket pages I can't figure out a way to nicely fit the oversized w517 slabs in a binder, so my handful of graded w517s are separate from my binder set. And that kind of bothers me.

Someday I may just bite the bullet and crack them all out...(which I would hate to do because there are SO many fake/reprint w517s out there, you really need to buy graded for the high dollar cards if you are buying them online. So cracking them out would really hurt resale value in the future).