View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Default The percentages finally caught up with me

Posted By: Jamie

I purchased a $375 set on Ebay. The seller, who had good, albeit little feedback, was shorly NARU'd a few weeks later and I never got anything from him. I proceeded to file charges with the US Postal Service and the FBI Internet Fraud Division. I also contacted all of his other buyers and provided the information they needed to do the same- the key to getting action from these agencies is volume- they want to see that this person has defrauded more than one person.

To make a long story short, my seller refunded my money and was practically begging me to drop the charges- the FBI had contacted his local authorities. The whole process took a few months before anything had happened but it was well worth it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: The percentages finally caught up with me December 15 2004, 1:12 AM

Has anyone actually had success by filing with USPS fraud or the local authorities? I have tried it once over a $1200 fake card but heard nothing back from either. I would call to ask about progress on the police report I filed and my call would not be returned. I hope my situation is the exception.