View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 02:09 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I'm not sure I agree with this. Like you said, every area in the hobby is really hot right now. Your PSA 9 Hogan was under a hundred bucks at one time and now it's going for about five grand, right? I have also shipped so many vintage hockey cards to America. Americans want the rookies of Bobby Hull, Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, etc. I think what happened is that baseball cards became so expensive, so collectors started putting their money into other sports.

Nice to see you posting, btw.

I am not suggesting they are the sole cause for prices expanding. If I wasn't clear about this I apologize. What I am saying is the number market participants expanded and these sneaker heads are part of it. They are more speculators than collectors and you are seeing a lot of speculative activity.

I wasn't informed of this segment of collectibles but I have two clients with sons in college and it is all the rage. They are signing up for fresh released shoes on lists and then flipping them on Stock Ex for five times the price before they even own them. The fast money drives this crowd and obviously cards can exchange hands for more immediately.

My view is there is renewed interest in cards and it is spreading.

Last edited by Dpeck100; 02-29-2020 at 02:09 PM.