View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 08:16 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Dave, so looking at your ebay search listed by row, I find it interesting that the first card in each row (corresponding to the first column) has the least number of cards for any given row. This could be explained by Topps frequently discarding the first column as it may have been 'dinged' or otherwise damaged by the product cutting/handling machinery.

If that were the case, then those 'column one' cards could also be considered 'short print' since fewer of them made it out of the factory than cards in the other columns.

Rich, excuse me for not following your thread, but can you explain further the difference between 'triple, double, normal and single'? I understand 'triple, double and single', but can't fit 'normal' in there.

Tom
Way back in the day there were 22 cards which appeared more than others.

Now that we doing empirical research I think the real answer is

There is one group of 11 cards which is obviously triple printed as their numbers all skew much higher.

There is another group of 11 which by the empirical evidence of back in the day were available in quantity but as we see today not as much as the group of the big 11

Most of the other rows have normal distribution

One row (The one with Sandy Alomar Sr. #561) has consistently shorter availability. That makes sense in terms of historical evidence of this series.

Rich