View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=bigfanNY;2346802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulidia View Post
More generally, I wanted to make a comment about program collecting. In the UK, this was the main collecting theme for decades; at least in relation to app soccer which is the primary sport here. An equivalent to card shows, we had programme fairs which were attended by hundreds and sometimes thousands of enthusiasts through the 1970s to 1990s. I attended my first Northern Ireland National Football Programme Fair in 1986 - it was the fourth year of the fair and it still is held today, albeit with less attendees. In fact, other than during COVID, it has been run every year since 1983
Jonathan
It's interesting that you mention Program fairs because today, at a card show, I heard a rumor that there is going to be a "Ticket Convention" held at a place that is supposedly close to the same location in which our National Sports Collectors Convention will be held. Tickets have become more popular as memorabilia items over the past few years; I hope people catch on to programs and scorecards like they did with tickets. Then maybe we'll have more item-specific shows, or at least we'll have more people bringing more programs, scorecards and tickets to card shows!