View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 03:10 PM
Jim Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
I think you are a bit confused, it was penned in Memphis and sent in Memphis. The same day he had a game in Washington. Which is impossible. Unless I'm misinterpreting.

I think the only explanation is it was written at an earlier date and sent for him by somebody else when they got to Memphis.
The contents Seemed very urgent and it's definitely possible to make that in a day on a train.

Maybe he had the paper on hand from a different trip? I can't think of anything else
Could Harris have been connected with someone via airmail? Being in DC he likely developed friendships of some interesting folks.

Did he have leftover stationary from the Memphis hotel, write it on that, then mail it? Sometimes I'll get letter today from other states with only a postmark from here.

It's possible though highly unlikely that he took the 15-year train ride after the game. Stayed in Memphis for a few hours, then took the train back. He had an off day on the 21st.

I feel very good about the letter being penned by Bucky. The postmark and letterhead make for a good mystery