View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 12:22 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
I have/had some reservations about this ticket, but I just picked it up.

Senators last home game 9/30/1971 against the Yankees. I am a bit leery because this information was written onto the ticket, I have to believe it was on the day of the game but I just don't really know for sure.

The information about the seat, row, and section do fit the stadium layout. It just strikes me odd as to being written verses printed. JMHO.

However, it is headed my way now.

Update: The person that sold me this ticket had a friend that went to RFK in the early 70s for Redskins and Senators games. So, a fair chance the ticket writing is period. SCORE!!

They actually sold tickets like this back in the day. it was before computers so if you bought from a ticket agent (outside of the organisation) they would write them out. They probably had a block of setas they sold or had to conirm the seats were available and then just wrote them out. The biggest problem is that I doubt anyone would slab them as they could be manipulated.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears