View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 08:04 PM
Jason B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
What are you gaining by withholding the details you say make each case unique? I don't get it.
The rumor that PSA was downgrading Reholders did get kicked around on some of the FB Sale groups a few months ago, but it was in the context of general discontent with all aspects of PSA, voiced mostly by inexperienced submitters.

Sounds like Pete Sycks confirms at least one instance of this occurring above -- with compensation. So that specific info is helpful.

Beyond the stated policy of PSA re: Reholders -- that the company stands by their assigned grades, will Reholder without Review at the assigned grade unless case damage extends into the card pocket -- I can only speak from my personal experience. I have probably reslabbed around 60-70 cards with them over the last 12 years, with zero downgrades, and with a few 5-figure cards Reholdered at the National this past year. One was an old, weak-for-grade 52T Mays that had significant case issues (chemical opacification of case) that concerned me as to their willingness to Reholder, but they did it.

I also had 2 cards with severe case damage that I was very nervous they'd decline to Reholder, but they did that in December 2022. Portions of the cases were crushed in shipping, and the card pocket was invaded on one of them. I wouldn't have blamed them if they'd declined, honestly.

As to the OP's vague information provided, it would be really helpful to know some details of these cases. PSA unilaterally downgrading cards submitted for Reholder only (Not Review) would fly in the face of their stated policies, and their custom over the years. It doesn't seem good business either, frankly.

It strikes me that the best way to resolve this is to reach out to a CS Liaison with PSA. Even better, their VP of Customer Experience David Steinberger is very responsive to these kind of questions, and is active on several Facebook groups. If someone has an ounce more of motivation that I do, he'd probably be the place to get an absolutely definitive answer on the OP's original question

Jason Bisping
|
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)

Last edited by ZiggerZagger; 01-08-2023 at 08:05 PM.