View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 06:04 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default More than a *hitshow with USPS

From my end receiving cards via USPS from eBay has been a challenge in particular for three months. During this time frame I have received promptly and accurately approx. 30 parcels. I have not rec'd 7 USPS parcels promptly and accurately. 6 of the 7 have not EVER been recd. The other one was recd but was short packed OR was opened and part of the contents (multiple PSA slabs) were removed. That parcel, a SMALL USPS FLAT RATE PRIORITY BOX, appeared to maybe have been opened and carefully resealed. It was delivered and did not appear to be tampered with upon a glance and when opening.

Long story short, I have been contacted by the US Inspector General's office by a Special Agent who investigates postal fraud/theft.

Hmmm.

It seems the Special Agent is suspicious of internal fraud/theft at my local USPS branch. He let me know I am not the only "Card Geek" that has been targeted in my area. I know of at least TWO other high end collectors in my area that have this same issue. It is still ongoing as I now have yet another missing pkg. from eBay that when tracked, stated OUT FOR DELIVERY on one day, but the next day stated "AWAITING DELIVERY SCAN". This incomprehensible tracking info has appeared in this fashion multiple times now.

The IG Special Agent is attempting thru a "STING OPERATION" to catch this/these perpetrator's. I cannot talk about the details, but you can only imagine. It is bad. Very bad.

What we collector's endure just to get our cards........

And don't get me started re what one must endure now to get cards from PWCC's monthly NOT eBAY auction now.