View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
It’s funny how you continue to ignore the suspicion of steroid use. From ages 36 to 39 head pitching like Koufax (the peak of steroid use) He began to decline soon after with sky high eras, coincidence?

If you have credible evidence, I'm all ears.

Currently, you are the only person I've ever heard accusing Randy Johnson of steroid use. But I like your idea of giving Randy Johnson two more Cy Young awards because Clemens was doing steroids. Me personally, I still don't want to knock Clemens, because if like you said, "they all did steroids", then they all played on the same level playing field.

If you have something solid, put it forward.

Then where do you draw the line with Koufax getting elbow injections etc...? Who is to say if there were steroids in those injections? Seems like a slippery slope.

Your statement above doesn't make a lot of sense though. Please rephrase it. After age 36-39 you are saying he had sky high ERA's?

Are his ERA's supposed to stay the same until age 60?

Age 40 his ERA was 2.60.

He went back to the American League after that, which will cause a jump in his raw ERA.

From age 41-45 his ERA in the AL was 4.28. ERA+ 104.

Nothing sky high there, it was better than average.

Actually, the natural decline would show the OPPOSITE of steroid use. When you eclipse age 40, your skills tend decline soon. He was also injured in those years.

But I like your premise saying that injuries cost Randy Johnson elite ERA's until age 60. That makes his case even better as the best ever. That makes him the best athlete ever.

You are grasping...but if you believe Randy Johnson did steroids, put forth the evidence. More power to you.

Last edited by HistoricNewspapers; 08-02-2020 at 06:09 PM.