View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Default SELL AS IS OR COMPLETE AND THEN SELL??

Posted By: bill latzko

I have decided to sell my partial T202 set which is presently #13 on the registry. While it is only 35% complete, it does have 3 of the Cobb cards, 2 of the JOhnson's and a Mathewson, Speaker and Cy Young. An additional 12 cards have one of the "lesser" HOF'ers. All but two of the 45 cards are PSA 4 or PSA 5--one is a psa 3, one a psa 6.The SMR totals approx $14,800.

My dilemma is this...Since I don't have the funds to complete the set in psa4/5, and have decided to sell this to pay off some bills, should I try and finish this in lower grades (PSA 2/3) to have a complete or near complete set and then sell it or sell it now.?? Would having the near complete/complete set give it a greater ADDITIONAL value than what I would spend to buy the remaining cards in the lesser grades?? Or would that additional (if any) value be so minimal that I should sell as is?? Obviously, if the increased value is not much more than my investment would be, then I'll sell it as is. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Peace