View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 06:59 AM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I worry that if it’s moved to a state like Texas or Florida with no restrictions at all that it could be a super spreader event. Sports cards are hotter right now than they may ever have been and the crowd could be huge. Covid is still here but too many people are acting like this is over already. My wife had to postpone a medical procedure because one of her coworkers tested positive last week. I had to postpone looking at a huge baseball card collection because the guy called me today and told me his wife has Covid. I feel like we’re spiking the ball at the one yard line. Crossing my fingers though that people continue to be vaccinated and the show can go on as scheduled in Chicago.
People still jumping to conclusions and watching too much sheeple news. Texas has restrictions and we're not acting like it's over. Just don't have state mandated restrictions which means the state isn't enforcing it the counties and cities are. It was pretty much that way from the beginning anyway. The state never really enforced anything. It just covered their butts in case lawsuits came up. Everyone here in Texas, or the majority, are still following protocols and the businesses still have signage requiring masks, social distancing, etc. The news makes it sound like we're all running around spitting on each other. Geez. The show can also follow protocols and require dealers and attendees to follow them. I just attended a huge toy show in Atlanta over a week ago and it went fine. Everyone followed the rules and it wasn't a super spreader. The Super bowl parties were supposed to be also but that never happened. Too much panic being spread by misinformation and predictions which have mostly been all wrong. I got COVID even though I followed protocols to an extreme being a type 1 diabetic and having a very compromised immune system also. Got it a week after my first vaccine. Even with my bad health history it was like having a bad flu. I've lost a couple of friends to it but mostly because they were really sick already or didn't seek any help when they got it. You can't believe everything you read, see on TV and the internet about this stuff. I live here so I'm pretty knowledgeable about the situation in Texas. Can't speak to Florida. I can say I have attended several major shows and cons throughout the country this year and last with no issues. Caught it right here in our little town.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 04-02-2021 at 07:07 AM.