View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Nick C

Default Vintage Set Group Break Idea! Input Needed!

Hey guys,
My name is Nick for those of you who don't know me. I'm an approved group break host on Blowoutcards forums and host a variety of breaks from cards to memorabilia products. I've bought a good amount of cards on this site and I think we have the strongest vintage card collecting presence of any forum, so I thought a vintage set group break would be an awesome new addition to the site.

Leon & I discussed the possibility of doing a vintage group break but we need your input on a possible set to break. So far we really like the idea of doing a 1955 Topps Set with the main cards of the 206 card set being the Roberto Clemente Rookie, Sandy Koufax Rookie, & Harmon Killebrew Rookie. Let me know how you feel about this and Leon & I will discuss it from there.

I know a lot of you already know the format and how these work. But for those of you who are unfamiliar with the idea here is an example of how it works using the Topps 1955 set

*JUST AN EXAMPLE*
-Set: 1955 Topps
-Number of Cards: 206 (Each card represents a group break spot)
-Spot price breakdown example:
$4,000/206=$19.40
$19.40 + $4.00 Shipping & Supplies + $1.00 Paypal Fees=$24.40 per card/spot
-Once all 206 spots are filled and paid for. A random done live via ustream webcam will take place to decide what card you end up with. For instance, if you receive spot #164 in the random you receive card number #164, which in this case is the Roberto Clemente Rookie Card.
*JUST AN EXAMPLE*

Leon & I would love to know what you guys think. Leon has agreed to front the money for the set we decide, but keep in mind we do have a budget. Condition of the set has yet to be determined. But the estimated pin point as of now would probably range from VG to EX-MT (PSA 3-6). Again condition depends on what is available and at what price. I will host the break meaning that I will handle all the logistics of the break including keeping track of payments, packaging the cards, and shipping the cards.

*COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, CONCERNS: FEEL FREE TO POST ON THE THREAD OR SEND ME A MESSAGE*

Last edited by autocentral; 07-29-2014 at 09:29 PM.