View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 03:40 PM
Justin Farber
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
Welcome to the board. If you're going to collect T206's and participate in message boards, this is the place.
Thanks, I'll start browsing threads

Quote:
I'm still flabbergasted that filing a claim was your first move (especially since you sell on ebay too). Then followed up with nothing outside of the case, knowing another collector just lost money. When I requested within the ebay case to contact your PO (the last people to have it), you followed up with requesting to close the case.
The lack of concern or effort to help bothered me way more than $73.
Again, we clearly have different communication styles. I opened a case in order to reach a resolution quickly. Buyers have done this to me as a seller as well, and I don't what other information I would need to solicit from them as a seller. Apologies again is this offended you.

Quote:
I'm sorry it came to having your name sullied to express empathy or concern for another collector losing money. I really don't like this situation.
I really don't like it either and really don't appreciate the terribly negative assumptions you and others in this thread have made about me. I love this hobby and have made tons of friends in it. I'm not a perfect person or overly empathic, but definitely would have expressed empathy if it was a larger loss (>$100).

Quote:
Since you offered to pay, I propose a $73 donation to the Negro League Museum https://nlbm.com/donations/ and post evidence on both boards of the donation. Within 24 hours I in turn will delete both threads or request a moderator to delete (in case I don't the ability to delete).
Done, thanks for picking an excellent organization.

Quote:
I will make a follow up post on Missing T206 with images of the card for record in case the card reappears.
Please send me the link when you do. I would love if this card eventually turns up!