View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 08:01 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Selfishly, I would like to see both prices and participation in vintage go back to normal levels. I don't expect this to happen in the near-term future. While I have individual cards that will no doubt benefit from the bubble, I'd like to be able to continue to get more of them long before I'd consider selling...
I think this is the view more than a few of us have. Most of us want to collect, and don't treat the card market, like the stock market. I'm glad to see prices go up to an extent, In case if I do ever decide to sell off some of my cards to fund other purchases, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind prices coming back down to earth a little bit.

Per the talks about stimulus checks affecting the card market, It's very possible. The first round of checks had such a broad net that people that weren't even in dire financial straits were getting checks. Not that any of us would complain about free money from the government, but that's obviously going to affect what we're going to be able to purchase.

If the 3K per child check actually happens, well I better start working on having some kids

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.