View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default A question regarding the Mastro trimmed card thread

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Lee,

Maybe you have been sleeping but I happen to be a board favorite when it comes to being crucified so I try to stay out of all threads. Frankly I did not feel I needed to answer to any of you as to anything that I do with regards to my business. I do feel that once my name starts getting trashed that I must do what anyone would do and defend myself. I know nobody else here will do so. Besides the link to the ebay auction, identifying me as the buyer, was not posted until late yesterday.

I bought the card assuming I could make a quick grand getting it into an Auth holder. There was no real expertise there Lee. I accepted the 6 grade as I gave PSA two notes about the card and they graded it anyway. Is it really my job to grade and authenticate all of PSA's work? I sell cards Lee, I do not grade them nor profess to know a fraction of what some of the graders know. I would not call myself an expert. I just know how to make money in this business.

If I had some clandestine plan for this card I surely would not have made the purchase under my own id. Please give me just a bit of credit. Also Mastro does not take descriptions from their consignors. Where did you get the idea that I got to participate in that aspect of the auction? Like most people, once the card is graded, right or wrong, not much more really needs to be said. There are cards that are strong for the grade or weak for the grade. If dealers and auction houses are now going to be required to regrade cards after they are professionally graded, why have the card graded?