View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Default It's so hard to win Ebay auction at decent prices....

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

I think there are a ton of great values out there in this hobby and on Ebay. Sometime you just have to switch gears a little. Like I collect more display items now rather than cards. The problem I run into is that most newer collectors want to find a SGC 50 E95 Wagner for $250, it's not going to happen and if it does it would be so rare in todays internet information generation. Most people, with a few clicks of a mouse can see that there items are rare and desirable. Ounce they figure that out they want more than a fair price and then we now have a higher price than before. I think it was said here before but it is the best lesson I have learned in this hobby, "Pay tomorrows price today and you will not be disappointed." Nice vintage baseball items have never gone down in value. We have all been saying this is a bubble for 5 years now. I don't think it is a bubble at all I think it is a trend. Don't give up the hunt on Ebay or anywhere else for that matter, that's what makes this hobby great!!!!