View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 06:31 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....interesting similarities between T206 Doyle Nat'L and T207 Hoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Your T207 Hoff is a great looking card, and the Hoff card is one of the nicer portraits in the set. The one I have is my only T207 Cycle, and it has the added bonus of Buck Barker scribbling on its back as well. All of this makes it one of my T207 favorites.
Brian
Hi Brian.....That Hoff / red CYCLE combo is a very difficult card to find. Thanks for posting your "Red" Hoff.

Chet Hoff Hoff made his big league debut in September 1911, the Highlanders were playing at Hilltop Park in the Washington Heights section of Manhattan. In his second major
league game, Hoff, a 20-year-old left-hander fresh off the Westchester County sandlots was summoned in relief against the Detroit Tigers. Chet recalled it 80 years later....."the
batter fouled off two -- the first two strikes were fastballs. The 3rd strike I threw him was a fast curve. It was a perfect strike over the plate and he looked at it. But at that time
I didn't know who he was, no more than the man in the moon, until the next morning I picked up The New York Journal. The big red headlines in the paper says Hoff Strikes Out
Ty Cobb. I couldn't believe it at first. It was the biggest thrill of my Baseball career."

I acquired this Hoff autograph back in the 1990's. The signature is well written, so he probably signed it many years ago. I got it from a known autograph collector in the hobby.

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists

Last edited by tedzan; 09-22-2021 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Corrected typo.