View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....T206-like T209 (CONTENTNEA) 1st series....show us your T209 cards

OK, carrying on......shown here is a sampling of the T209-2 CONTENTNEA cards. These B/W photo-type cards were issued in 1910, and a
complete set consists of 222 subjects.

You old-timers will find this story interesting. Some years ago Mike Peich called me regarding a bunch of T209-2 cards that he knew I had.
Since we both live in Pennsylvania, we decided on a meeting place mid-way between our residences. And sure enough it was Willow Grove.
Remember the Marriott Hotel on Rte. 611....that's where we did our deal and for 2 hours (or more) reminiscing about the good ole days at
the famous Willow Grove BB card Show.

T209-1 cards

Furthermore, note that the T209-2 cards have the standard bottom line for Federal Tobacco Tax purposes.
On the other hand, the T209-1 cards were not printed with it. So, employees at the Factory (Wilson, NC)
hand stamped the bottom line information on the backs of these cards. Anyhow, many of these cards are
missing this stamp.

T209-1 backs

I'm still waiting to see your pretty looking T209-1 cards. I think the color printing quality of these 16 cards is a tad better than the T206's.

What's your opinion ?

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists