View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show us your T206 "proof's"......

* * * * * * * * * * T206 Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * *

v...................................... 5-card proof strip with Wagner ......................................v
. . . .

The most significant find of T206 "proofs" is the unique Wagner 5-card strip (shown here). Art Martineau mentioned it in a 2005 thread.... T206 proofs

This 5-card strip was first acquired by Bill Zimpleman and Wayne Varner in the Pittsburgh area in the 1970's. They accquired it from a gentleman who had
purchased Wagner's house. In the early 1980's, Barry Halper acquired this strip from Bill and Wayne.

Here is a reprint card of another unique T206 proof....Eddie Collins (with bat) that American Litho (ALC) did not issue (for whatever reasons). My theory is
Collins (like his boss, Connie Mack, and Eddie Plank) didn't do tobacco in any form. However, ALC printed Collins in the 350 Series. So much for my theory.

Had ALC continued this Collins card into their regular production line, they would have printed it with a PIEDMONT 150 back first. And, perhaps some of the
other T-brands in the 150 Series. At the start of each Series press runs, the PIEDMONT backs were printed first on the T206's (and, at greater number than
any of the other T-brands).

I certainly ain't any kind of expert regarding T206 proofs. This Puttman proof is the only one I have....so, I leave it up to you guys with all these proofs to
show-n-tell us all about them.

Where's Johnny V when we need him

TED Z