View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 10:11 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

From a recent signing with Charlie Scott. Extremely reasonable fee for a Hall of Famer

68-basketball.jpg

Two tickets from the gold medal game at the 1968 Olympics. Signed by Spencer Haywood at The National in AC last year. He added the inscription on his own, no extra fee.

68-team.jpg

Envelope signed in 1968 by 10 of the team members. You can tell Scott signed with a different pen, but it still fits. Don Dee, above Jo Jo White and Ken Spain, below Spencer Haywood are not common. Interestingly, the only player missing is Jim King. His name is written on this. It was probably for his room key. Fortunately, he is still living in Texas. I have a friend at the U.S. Olympic Alumni office who will forward a letter to him so I will write to see if he will sign this.

c-scott.jpg

Souvenir sheet. I was able to pick up about 25 of these for $5. Unfortunately there are only 5 members of the team still living (Spencer Haywood, Charlie Scott, Bill Hoskett, Glynn Saulters and Jim King). Ajman is one of the emirates of the UAE best known for their postage stamps.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”