View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Default OT: What are your other hobbies?

Posted By: Mike

I am a collector. 90% of my energy goes into baseball items. Mostly Pre War. I also collect wire photos. I have about 50 right now. Ruth and Foxx. Three quarters of my home is filled witrh Victorian antiques. My chandelior in my dining room is from about 1840. Got it in new Orleans. Two years ago, not the past year. I collect old books from before 1900. I have an antique Mercedes that comes out in the summer. I have several other mercedes as well. Older ones. I have a home theatre, whereby my wife and I can watch classic movies. I have about 800 of those. I also have many coins, stamps, comics, civil war items, including an almost mint rifle from the war.. Still has the bayonet attached. I have season tickets to the Guthrie Theatre in our city. One of my favorite ways to spend an evening, with the classics. Hamlet is coming on April 1st. I am active in the Local Rotary club, treasurer of the local cemetery, on the finance commitee for a large mens club, and on the board of directors of the Historical Society. We also have foreign exchange students going througgh our home. We are on our third right now. We love it. Like traveling without having to leave the house.

We love to travel. My son and I are going to Cooperstown in March, and my wife and I are going to Iceland this summer. Just got back from new York City where we spent New Years eve.

Basically i collect anything I think is cool. I love old things. Luckily my wife also loves antiques. because I LOVE old things. It is a malady I can't get rid of. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME ?