View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 01:48 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Perhaps you are right and I am not disputing that. However, every Ruth Card (even not his rarest or most famous) all seem to have jump in price during this spike in sales.
All the Joe Jacksons cards have also jumped dramatically.
Regardless of the grade of Ruth or Jackson and regardless of the Card they all are going for alot more then normal.
Ruth cards have been very hot for over a year now...over and above their usual popularity. Honestly have not followed Jackson cards that closely. I was simply disputing that the market overall gets excited and prices rise over specific sales of elite cards. I think from the middle of last year until March sales of elite cards might have helped the market but the market was already flying. Since March prices overall have dropped on a huge portion of the market and elite sales have not impacted those drops from my pov.

Most people cannot afford to spend 100K on a card let alone spend 10K on a card more than once or twice . If those $100K+ cards are climbing so be it but it is not trickling down from what I am seeing. Not in the least.