View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 09:19 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
I was actually thinking Schumacher more than Clark. I know Clark was killed at Hockenheim at age 32 and his win percentage is among the best of all time, but his early death robbed him of future wins/titles. Even with Clark's early death, I think it is hard to make a case for him being number one with 25 wins and two world titles when you look at how many wins and titles the other possibilities had.

Prost is usually ranked somewhere between third and fifth all-time on most lists, and I guess that is probably where he should be. But I was listening to Tom Clarkson's F1 "Beyond the Grid" podcast with Prost a few months back and Clarkson made a credible case for how Prost could have won 7-8 world titles.

Prost won four championships and finished second four other times. He lost the title by two points to Nelson Piquet in 1983, half a point to Niki Lauda in 1984, three points to Senna in 1988 and seven points to Senna in 1990 (thanks to the infamous Suzuka crash when he was taken out by Senna).
I have a Prost RC (hopefully) incoming; I recently had a UK package go missing on me.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.