View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 07:41 PM

I did a fair amount of research on Glaser many years ago and was very fortunate to make the acquaintance of his daughter who was just a wonderful lady. We exchanged all the clippings we each had regarding his baseball career and she even sent me a lovely original snapshot of Glaser in later life which I'll hang onto forever. Unfortunately, no autographs. He must have been a great man to raise such a woman as his daughter turned out to be!

Somewhere along the way in his baseball days, Glaser formed a friendship with Charlie Gehringer which lasted both their lives. You'd think that perhaps the fastidious Mechanical Man might have noticed his friend's omission in the various baseball encyclopedias! Whenever Charlie was in town with the Tigers, he'd always call Glaser up and arrange to meet at the team hotel. A wonderful family man, Glaser would have his girls in tow. They would always eat at the hotel restaurant with Gehringer and the rest of the Tigers. "You have to remember that we were girls! It would have been much more exciting for a boy!" Breaking bread with the 1935 Tigers? Yeah, kind of exciting.

As to Ed Fisher, I'm confident Karl Wingler already had the right answer as far back as the 1940's or early 50's.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 08-06-2021 at 08:14 PM.