View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 12:19 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Not an autographed item, but one of the ballplayers listed within (Norman Glaser) has a story of particular interest to vintage Detroit Tigers ballplayer autograph collectors, such as myself.

I am hoping either Rhys, Jodi, Jim Stinson, or whomever may weigh in as I am sure I will get the details wrong, but it is my understanding that Glaser had gone long unrecognized as being a former member of the Detroit Tigers. That it has only been within the past 10 year or so that his participation with the Tigers was finally recognized. I believe Dr. Ed Fisher is another similarly "recent" discovery too.

The important of a discovery like this is that for collectors like me, one name is added to the want list (instead of off of it), and that prior opportunities to acquire an example of their autograph may have been missed. Just because we did not know of that ballplayers existance, and/or affiliation with the team we collect.

I would certainly love to hear more of what others know and can share about Norman Glaser. And as I do not have an example of his autograph, I certainly would in interested in obtaining one.

Thanks.
Vincent

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 08-06-2021 at 12:21 PM.