View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 11:15 PM
Jim Smiley

Default Inexpensive pieces in your collection that you like

Much of my collection is on the website, CooperstownExpert.com. I'll insert links in this post about pages too. There's something for all baseball autograph collectors on the site. All HoFers have a page and there are pages for 300+ non-HoFers too.

I recently picked up an Effa Manley letter. It's the first addition of a "new" HoFer to my collection in a few years. I just can't afford what it takes. With a son in college I'm focusing on affordable quality pieces.

We all have inexpensive pieces that we really like. What are yours? I'll post a few that were under $100 that I really like. I hope others share their inexpensive but cool pieces. Sometimes we all need to be reminded there are affordable worthwhile collectibles.

The first image shows Warren Giles' expense report from when he presented the Cy Young Award to Steve Carlton in Philadelphia. I thought it was pretty neat and it was only $50.

I'll stay with Giles for this post...other pieces here include a letter about Grover Cleveland Alexander's financial difficulties, a telegram from Giles congratulating Warren Spahn on his 300th win, a letter about the low attendance at Chuck Klein's 4-homer game, and a letter concerning the acquisition of a George Wright single-signed ball. There are other letters on Giles' page that are cool, but I'll quit there.

Really looking forward to seeing other inexpensive neat piece. Please share!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Warren-Giles-Steve-Carlton-letter-1024x812.jpg (69.5 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg GC-Alex-wife-WGiles-744x1024.jpg (8.0 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg Spah-Giles-telegram-1024x696.jpg (13.3 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg Warren-Giles-Chuck-Klein-801x1024.jpg (4.6 KB, 388 views)
File Type: jpg George-Wright-Warren-Giles-791x1024.jpg (7.0 KB, 395 views)