View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 05:14 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Hey Bob, you deserve a response. I would be wary of taking advice from a retired surgeon whose specialty was oncologic surgery for a patient he has never seen and whose records and images he has not reviewed or nor has access to.

There may be forum members better qualified than I, but there are quite a few who are not. Not casting stones, just sayin'.

As an aside I did train with an orthopedic surgeon, Lewis Yocum, who became the Angels team physician for a number of years and was instrumental in developing Tommy John surgery with Dr. Jobe, who gets more credit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/s...ies-at-65.html.
LOL

I hear you Frank. But first off, nobody was saying they were any kind of expert, nor trying to tell Mike Trout what to do either, which is what you kind of alluded to when you said you'd pass this thread along to him. I know I would never tell someone like him what to do, just speculating on how what he does decide may be perceived by fans and how it could be viewed in regard to and ultimately affect his legacy as a player and his HOF status.

My original question to you was solely in regard to that question, the one I asked about his possibly continuing to play if his level of play is considerably diminished going forward. And I was asking you to respond in regard to your background and experience as a baseball fan and collector, which I would naturally believe most everyone posting on this forum is to some extent. I was not implying nor asking for any kind of medical opinion. If that is what you were thinking, you just went down the wrong rabbit hole.