View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 03:45 PM
Christian

Default questons about Balldome cases

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to net 54, this will be my first post. I know there are many threads about autographed baseball storage, which I have viewed. I would like to get everyone's feedback on what they think of the Ball dome by memorabilia factory. I have 5 of them for some of my baseballs, but recently took them out and placed them in an archival storage box with dividers that holds 12 baseballs. Under the baseballs I put acid free tissue paper, the box is kept in a closet under a closed lid.

Anyways, I had talked to the owner of this product in which he was very kind to tell me how they are made with museum grade acrylic with the highest grade of UV layer coating. Now from reading other post, air tight is not good for signed baseballs as they need to breathe. Though the ball dome is designed to match the contour of the baseball, so it fits nice and snug, my concern is, is there enough air flow to allow the baseball to breathe and could there be a long term effect? By the way I do love the product, I am not trying to knock it down. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.