View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 05:45 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55koufax View Post
I would mostly agree with the above opinion, however, after my first consignment experience with Brian, and after reading the issue here, I will share what happened after his May, 2022 auction. Earlier in the year, Brian flew to SoCal and came to my house. He picked up some high quality PSA Registry sets for break-up. Everything went smooth, and at the end of the auction, I netted about $211,000 in sales. That said, I was to get an extra 2.5% kicker of all sales back in my pocket. On the MH consignor page, the 2.5% to be added to my payout was shorted by around $1,000 (I see it as a simple calc of 2.5 x the hammer price)- to Mile High's advantage.

After contacting Brian (He responded to both texts and calls on his cel and his office phone) he turned it over to his IT dude to figure out. After about a week or so, the IT guy did zero and could not figure it out. I contacted Brian again and he said he would look into it. That was the last I heard! He never contacted me again, and I have not been paid about $1,000 I am owed from that auction.

Needless to say, I am one and done consigning with MH. If my approx. $40 to $50K I put in his company's pocket May, 2022, is not worthy of simple follow up and communication, it is time to move on. Over $1,000?

I will utilize REA for most larger consignments. I have almost always experienced tip top service from them. IE, today, I emailed Brian Dwyer at REA and asked if he could provide me payout by the year's end from the early DEC auction close. He replied in minutes stating even though some buyer's had not yet paid for my items, he would provide payment in full tomorrow, as he knows his buyer's and is not worried about them paying REA. That is quality service. Especially in this (still Mom and Popish at many levels) world of cards.
This seems much more concerning.