View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 04:43 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgconboy View Post
I agree regarding the 74-75 Immortals, TD Club etc. Not very exciting getting cards decades after the fact.

The problem is I have a tough time getting into post cards, team photos, and stuff. This obviously puts me in a bit of a bind as I love the classic football players and the history of the game but unable to collect an option that I am enthusiastic about.

Maybe I bite the bullet and get 1 of each (first football card and era correct memorabilia) and assume one grows on me haha.
I get your hesitancy, as I started as a mainstream card collector myself. But the more I got into the history of football and its players and started seeing incredible cardboard items of players who didn't otherwise have mainstream cards from their playing days, the more interested I got in some of these other items. Now I love matchbooks, postcards, bread labels, type 1 photos, cabinet cards, etc. that depict early football stars on them.

I bet if you dabble a bit in these like I did, you will discover there are some great, great images of great players depicted on them and start to appreciate them a lot more.

jeff