View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 07:50 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgannon View Post
Anyway, you can have the last word!
Wow, that takes me back to, what, elementary school?

Quote:
I'm here for the baseball cards.
But yet you're here slinging your BS Russian propaganda.

Quote:
That's right, I do have criticisms of the people and the institutions you site to throw smoke at what Russian scholars and informed government officials assessed at the time regarding eastward expansion of NATO.
Here you go, trying to change the topic again. Now you're talking about what was assessed at the time regarding the eastward expansion of NATO. We're discussing whether Russia was told by the US that NATO would not expand to the east. You claim that the US told Russia at the time that NATO would not expand to the east. You claim that the promise is an incontrovertible truth.

I'm only asking for proof for that claim. You are providing nothing.

You: Oh, but person X and person Y make that claim also. That confirms it.
Me: But person A and person B say it's not true.
You: You can't believe them, because "I do have criticisms of the people and the institutions you site[sic]."

That's all you offer.

Quote:
Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that promises were or weren't made ultimately isn't the issue.
Uh, yes it is the issue when you and the other Russian Stooge, Irv, come on this baseball card site and claim "The Truth about Ukraine/Russia NOT what you think." And part of the "Truth" is that the US told Russia that NATO would not expand to the east. Thereby justifying Russia attacking Ukraine to keep them out of NATO as we had promised Russia back in 1991. And now, because you can't support that claim, you want to say it doesn't matter?

Russia claims the US and NATO made the promise not to expand eastward. The US denies that claim. You believe Russia. Why? Because the US government lies? Yes, it does lie. So you don't want to believe them because they lie? Does the Russian government lie? I think it does, don't you? Or are you truly a Russian stooge who believes everything they say? If you believe the Russian government also lies, then why do you believe them in this case? Oh right, it doesn't matter whether the claim you and Irv and the Russians made about the alleged promise is true. Everyone is just supposed to buy into the claim because you and Irv believe it.