View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 10:52 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

I've always just accepted whatever payment method eBay offers the buyer. I think I've only ever sold items over $10k via 'Buy-it-now' which requires immediate payment. However, if it were an auction listing and the buyer wanted to send a check or bitcoin or whatever, I would accept that too. Just ensure the funds have been cleared first before shipping. And before shipping, I recommend you have some sort of private insurance policy (like CIS) to cover you in case there are any issues during shipping, because despite them offering you "shipping insurance", USPS, FedEx, and UPS will all screw you over if the package gets lost (the fine print in your insurance agreement with them limits you to $1,000 worth of coverage despite the fact that you paid for much more than that). Also, some people try to avoid accepting wire transfers for large payments because they don't like giving out their account numbers. Just be sure that you're comfortable with whatever risks you take on when receiving payment, and ask your bank if you have any questions. But all-in-all, it's usually pretty easy. Most buyers pay with a credit card or PayPal. As far as shipping goes, be sure to require a signature for delivery, and I recommend sending the package via Express mail, whether that's through FedEx or USPS. It's worth paying the premium for IMO. Those packages receive better care and attention in my experience.