View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Default What in the world are these?

Posted By: D. Bergin

Why make a fantasy set of mainly boxers, and from what did all these iamges come from. I mean there had to be at least 20 different.

Seems like a waste especially if all it gets is someone like me that wins the auction and doesn't pay.

Photos look low quality. They could have pulled them right off the internet. There's a seller on Ebay right now that has the original photo of Attell / Welsh up as a Buy It Now and it has probably been up for awhile.

Why boxers? Well, if they pick the right boxers and try to sell as some sort of previously unknown issue they will get enough bidders to make a tidy profit.

They were probably very cheap to produce.

I saw some of those wheat back penny cards selling for some ridiculous prices to a little while back.

I don't even think they're 70's era which I have seen in some descriptions. I think they were made in the last couple of years at the most.

Seller might not even know. They might have fell for the unknown ice cream issue story from somebody else who actually produced them and started shopping them around.