View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 01:37 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Thanks for the reply, Steve. I've mainly been a vintage collector, but I continually catch myself dabbling in some modern issues (mainly collecting Cardinals players cards). Through avenues like Sportlots, I have picked up some neat looking cards for not a lot of money and would feel silly toploading all of those. At the same time, I wouldn't feel comfortable just sleeving them and putting them in a box either. I thought perhaps 9 pocket pages and a binder might be the answer.
Unless a card is special somehow, I don't even bother with sleeves. Some of the inserts get sleeves, especially die cuts that are likely to get caught on the cards around it. (Accursed Topps Lasers...) And most of the signed or material cards get a toploader.

I abandoned most of the binders about the time I realized I probably wasn't going to have some 50's and 60's sets even half complete. When I set up a binder, I left room for the cards I didn't have yet. I still have some oddball stuff in a binder, and 74 Topps, and most of the 75 OPC set I bought incomplete and already in a binder.

I moved in some partial Magic card sets as I got them and freed up pages.