View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 09:15 AM
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Some of those custom cards are terrific. I especially like it when they redo a card that had one of those hatless close-ups with a decent picture, like this:

What would be cool would be if somebody would make a fantasy set, with all new pictures of, say, 1966 Topps, and sell them in wax packs of 5 cards each (forget the gum.) If it could be done affordably, and without lawsuits, it would be a blast to open a box of them, with each card being something never seen before.
That "somebody" would have to be (a) Topps; (b) somebody who pays Topps a lot of money for a license; or (c) somebody about to get sued by Topps.

Plus, I assume the MLBPA doesn't administer the rights to former players' names, likenesses, etc. collectively, as I believe it does for (most) current players, does it? Topps obviously has contracted with various HOFers and other former stars for their rights for the Heritage products, etc., but to do a full set, they would probably have to negotiate individually with each player or his heirs.

Last edited by ASF123; 04-15-2021 at 09:20 AM.