View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Default Advice on how to sell my T206 near set/collection

Posted By: Ron Rice

Hi George,
I'm also collecting a PSA set of T206. I'm slightly ahead of you in the set ratings under the name RonsQuest. I still have a ways to go. I noticed that you have 54% of the set which is a good accomplishment.

In building my set, I acquired many of the cards through Ebay. I'd say Ebay prices are down 10-15% currently, but should increase with the 100th anniversary of the set occuring in 2009. So hang onto some of them if you can. Your having 54% of a set is a problem for consigning to the big auction houses in that it's not quite a set but its too big of a lot to get maximum value.

You can sell them individually on Ebay and you can generally predict what 4's and 5's will sell for. However it's a tedious process. Knowing the approx. value, I'd use the B/S/T board but also I'd contact other PSA set builders and try to make private sales first. Through PSA you can see which collectors are actively buying PSA T206's. Cut out the middle man by selling directly to other collectors, instead of re-sellers. I've had other set registry guys contact me when they were selling, and it worked out. Then use Ebay to sell the remainder separately, or consign lots of 100 or so to an auction house.

Ron