Thread: Rest of 2021
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 11:27 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealme View Post
This falls in line with trying to idiot-proof something. Every time one tries to, they build a better idiot.
I always used to say in regard to my first secretary that there was a village somewhere missing a pretty good idiot. I had a Federal court filing on deadline and I found her at 1:00 making file copies of the motion instead of getting the filing itself ready and on the way to court, which closed at 4:00. I had steam coming out of my ears. When I complained to my then-boss he told me that they knew she was incompetent but that she'd been there for so long that they felt they could not fire her without getting sued for age discrimination (she was in her sixties and close to retirement), so they just passed her along to each new attorney until there was an incident like mine, and she would go on to wreck the mental health and blood pressure of another baby lawyer. Since I could not fire her I turned to telling her exactly what I thought of her performance instead. Probably why the staff nicknamed me "the meanest man in the office."

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-09-2021 at 11:30 AM.