View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 01:49 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I don’t understand this way of thinking at all, but to each their own. I could see if maybe the buyer’s identity wasn’t hidden or something, but it’s just a data point. By this logic it must infuriate you that every single AH publishes sold prices. When you buy something, I couldn’t care less about your identity. Like I said, I would understand if every AH, including ebay, hid every sale price ever, but for one site to just hide BO prices seems bizarrely inconsistent.
I agree entirely with your general view about this. It's not even like all transactions at card shows are some completely secret deal all the time anyway. Back in the old days when shows were the main focus of the marketplace, how often were there a few other collectors standing right there when you held a card and asked "would you take $60 for this", and he agreed?

Like you said, to each their own. But when it comes to matters of privacy, there are things I value at lot more (than if someone knows what was paid for a baseball card).