View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 09:43 AM
Frank Wakefield

There's a lot of anger in this thread... on both sides.

Golly, guys. Don't you reckon that the promoter's books aren't open to the original poster, nor to those that are what-iffing him? So what's with taking an extreme position on that and then not considering the other extreme?? Maybe the promoter is like the other side in some divorce; first thing they want is money, and the second is more money.

I'm still annoyed about the price of beer at a ballgame. I remember seeing beer sell for less than a dollar in the 60's. There's two kinds of beer at a ballpark... the beer can come to you, or you hafta get up and go get the beer.

I'd be annoyed if I got in free, and then they started charging $5. And I'd be annoyed when it went from $5 up to $25. But I can envision having a reason to enjoy it if it went to $100, more on that later.

And obviously some of you guys are good with throwing down $25 and don't like the whining.

Back when gas got to $5 a gallon, I could see aspects of that I liked. Fewer drivers on the road, less crowding made it easier to get from A to B expeditiously. There were more parking places, so easier to park and closer parking... And the down side was paying double or more for gasoline. So some of you guys who are annoyed with the position of the original poster should be advocating for $100 tickets. Then you would have fewer people with whom to compete as you were searching for cards to buy.

I still am annoyed that we don't get new telephone books.

And when I think about various times I've raised hell or caused problems on the board, it gives me pause; it's a helluva note for me to be the one advocating for folks to calm down...

Now about me getting a new, up to date, telephone directory...